What is toxic Christianty, and why do we need a “detox” from it?
If you’ve ever been hurt by the church or had negative experiences with Christianity (or you want to reach out to people who have been wounded), this healing and hope-filled teaching is for you.
In Doug’s many years of ministry to the church and on the street, he discovered people—both outside and inside the church—have been wounded by the toxic aspects of Christianity.
Doug, who is a “wounded healer” himself, discovered early on that the “apologetics” he was trained in quickly turned into “apologizing” and asking forgiveness from people on behalf of their experiences with Christianity.
However, there is hope! Right now God is reaching the “spiritual outcasts”—people who have been rejected by the church—and raising them up to bring healing and become radical people who love.
This breakthrough 2-hour video workshop teaching takes you on a journey of identifying what “toxic Christianity” is and letting go of beliefs that are not of God and also equipping you to reach out to other people who have been hurt by the church.
Highlights of this timely and practical “ministry school” level training include:
- Identifying “toxic Christianity” and how to move forward
- Unpacking what it means to love and not judge people
- Bringing healing to our own views of God and bad church experiences
- Recognizing spiritual abuse and religious thinking
- Becoming a walking Spiritual M*A*S*H unit (Mobile Army Surgical Hospital)
- Operating in the ministry of reconciliation
- How to have an opinion without judging people
- How to be political without joining the political Christianity movement
- How to genuinely open people up to God instead of shutting them down
Detoxing From Toxic Christianity will help you experience spiritual healing and freedom you are searching for so you can partner with God in a new way in this #LoveNotJudge movement.